Our College Help Program is an internship focused on setting students up for success. We are a small insurance carrier located in Wayne, PA., and we also have many types of positions available in our branch offices throughout the U.S. and Canada (Mission Viejo, CA; San Ramon, CA; Austin, TX; Denver, CO; Oak Brook, IL; St. Louis, MO; and Mississauga, Canada).
We ask that you fully take advantage of what we have to offer by inquiring about our long-term opportunities, where you will work at USLI throughout your college career. Though each team has a list of responsibilities for all College Help Program participants, this list is only a starting point and is by no means a full job description. Your time at USLI is really what YOU make of it!
Application deadline for Summer is January 31, 2020
- A Completed Application for College Help Employment (this online form)
- A copy of your current resume. Cover letter is optional. (PDF preferred)
- A copy of your class schedule for the current semester to include both your name and the name of your school (unofficial transcripts will be accepted as long as they include the current semester as well - PDF required)
- Essay - What's been your most challenging day and what you learned from the experience (this online form or PDF)
Now accepting Spring applications
WE OFFER POSITIONS IN THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Free lunch every day
- 4,000 square foot fitness center on-site
- Student loan help through our Qualified Educational Assistance Plan
- Opportunity to build your resume
- Solid exposure to seasoned professionals and the insurance industry
- Many professional development courses offered on-site
- Casual dress code
We offer a variety of opportunities that help prepare students for their professional careers after college regardless of major/area of study. The work our students perform is extremely valuable to us and is ofentimes very similar to work performed by our full-time employees. Please see more detailed descriptions of the type of work students do in each department and the skillset necessary.
Find out which team would best fit you and your college major. We have many opportunities available for you to take advantage of as a College Help Program participant.
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PLAN
Our plan was designed to help students pay down their student loans. This plan is mandatory for any student who has federal or private loans. We will direct a portion of the student's earnings toward paying down this debt. Over four years, a student could earn up to $21,000 tax-free to repay their student loans.
Have a question? We may already have an answer for you! Check out our FAQs to read some of the most common questions that students have had about our College Help Program.
The College Help Program also offers various classes designed specifically for students, which are offered year-round and throughout the summer. Some of these classes include:
- Power Skills Training
- Sales Degree Program
- Leadership Courses
- Resume Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Business Etiquette
- Time Management
Our students say it
We like to think that our College Help Program is unlike any other because of the hands-on experience you will gain while working at USLI.