Our College Help Program is
an internship focused on setting students up for success.
We are a small insurance carrier located in Wayne, PA., and we also
have many types of positions available in our branch offices
the U.S. and Canada (Mission Viejo, CA; San Ramon, CA; Austin, TX;
Denver, CO; Oak Brook, IL; Boise, ID; St. Louis, MO;
Our goal at USLI is to strengthen our community and culture by representing all races, genders, religions and sexual orientations, and the students who represent our College Help Program are an important part of working toward that goal.
We ask that you fully take advantage of what we have to offer by inquiring about our long-term opportunities, where you will work at USLI throughout your college career. Though each team has a list of responsibilities for all College Help Program participants, this list is only a starting point and is by no means a full job description. Your time at USLI is really what YOU make of it!
- A Completed Application for College Help Employment (this online form)*
- A copy of your current resume. Cover letter is optional. (PDF preferred)
- A copy of your class schedule for the current semester to include both your name and the name of your school (unofficial transcripts will be accepted as long as they include the current semester as well - PDF required)
- Essay - What's been your most challenging day and what you learned from the experience (this online form or PDF)
* Note: our hours of operation are 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Accepting applications for Fall 2022 starting on June 1, 2022
Where legally permissible, USLI requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any recommended booster, unless an accommodation is required for religious or medical reasons. As a condition of employment, all new hires will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations or an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement is not applicable to residents of AL, AR, FL, IN, IA, MT, ND, SC, TN, TX and UT.
WE OFFER POSITIONS IN THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Free lunch every day
- 4,000 square foot fitness center on-site
- Ability to participate in mentoring and volunteer opportunities
- Student loan help through our Qualified Educational Assistance Plan
- Opportunity to build your resume
- Solid exposure to seasoned professionals and the insurance industry
- Working in a community that values caring, attitude, respect, empathy and energy
- Many professional development courses offered on-site
- Casual dress code
We offer a variety of opportunities that help prepare students for their professional careers after college regardless of major/area of study. The work our students perform is extremely valuable to us and is oftentimes very similar to work performed by our full-time employees. Please see more detailed descriptions of the type of work students do in each department and the skillset necessary.
Find out which team would best fit you and your college major. We have many opportunities available for you to take advantage of as a College Help Program participant.
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PLAN
Our plan was designed to help students pay down their student loans. This plan is a required benefit for any student who has federal or private loans. We will direct a portion of the student's earnings toward paying down this debt. Over four years, a student could earn up to $21,000 tax-free to repay their student loans.
Have a question? We may already have an answer for you! Check out our FAQs to read some of the most common questions that students have had about our College Help Program.
The College Help Program also offers various classes designed specifically for students, which are offered year-round and throughout the summer. Some of these classes include:
- Power Skills Training
- Sales Degree Program
- Leadership Courses
- Resume Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Business Etiquette
- Time Management
Our students say it
We like to think that our College Help Program is unlike any other because of the hands-on experience you will gain while working at USLI.